Saturday, September 27, 2008

Reaction to Obama/McCain Debate

I feel that the Great Debate between Obama and McCain
came out to a draw. Obama did worse than I expected
and McCain did better than I expected. On most issues
there's not too much difference between them except
for their positions on the War in Iraq. (I personally
feel that Obama is oh so right on when he wants us to
get out of that mess that is sucking $10 Billion a
month out of our economy.)

Between the two Obama is clearly the more intelligent
and more flexible in his thinking and negotiating
skills. McCain's running mate, Sarah Palin, frightens
the shit out of me. She is another George Dubya, far
right wing, Christian fundamentalist and McCain
doesn't look like he will be able to survive the first
four years of his Presidency. On the other hand Obama
is a prime target for one of the racist nut jobs that
we have floating in the crowds here in the US and I
would feel much more comfortable with his running mate
taking over if he is assassinated than if it was Sarah
Palin taking over the helm from McCain.

In voting my own self interests in terms of my
investments, my way of living, my continued
comfortable retirement, the future health of the US
economy and my comfort level between the two possible
Vice Presidents - Obama is the only choice for me at
this time.

Fred

No comments: